Welcome Ramdan 1445 AH / 2024
Welcome to Masjid Fatima New York (ESTABLISHED IN 1987)
ISLAMIC CENTER OF QUEENS NY INC (NOT FOR PROFIT ORGANIZATION)
We started from a single-family house in 1987, and Masjid Fatima is a place of worship, a landmark of communities in the surrounding neighborhoods of East NY and WoodSide area where everyone is welcome. Open every day to Muslims for 5 times daily prayer, Jumma on Fridays, Muslim holiday (Eid), and community events. Masjid Fatima also provides numerous services for our community such as Nikha service, Quran classes, Hifz Program, and various educational services
Address: 57-16 37TH AVENUE, WOODSIDE, NEW YORK 11377
Announcement / News
limitations and restrictions due to COVID19
As we’re still facing some limitations and restrictions due to COVID19, your attention is drawn to the following points.
1. Each brother, for the safety of all, has to wear a mask in the Masjid and observe the social distancing in prayers. He has also to bring, if possible, a prayer rug, otherwise, he has to use one of the paper sheets prepared for that purpose.
2. Making Wudo at home or at the place of work. If not possible, please try to use as few paper towels as possible, as they are in short supply and hard to get.
3. The Masjid will be opened 15 minutes before and after the five daily prayers and no stay will be allowed beyond that.
4. During Friday prayer, please put your donations in the boxes placed in the Masjid for that purpose, as no one will be available to collect those donations.
5. If not has done so, each brother is required, at the entry, to write his name, email, and phone number. This information will be used to contact each brother in case of an urgent announcement or updates.
6. Please try to reach the Masjid Website for important announcements or updates. The Website has also the monthly prayer times for downloading and some articles about different religious subjects to read about Islam. The address of the Website is
Masjid Fatima management took all the necessary Precautions from Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) in Daily Prayer
حَدَّثَنَا أَحْمَدُ بْنُ يُونُسَ، حَدَّثَنَا إِبْرَاهِيمُ بْنُ سَعْدٍ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ حُمَيْدِ بْنِ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ، عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ عَمْرٍو ـ رضى الله عنهما ـ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ” إِنَّ مِنْ أَكْبَرِ الْكَبَائِرِ أَنْ يَلْعَنَ الرَّجُلُ وَالِدَيْهِ ”. قِيلَ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ وَكَيْفَ يَلْعَنُ الرَّجُلُ وَالِدَيْهِ قَالَ ” يَسُبُّ الرَّجُلُ أَبَا الرَّجُلِ، فَيَسُبُّ أَبَاهُ، وَيَسُبُّ أَمَّهُ ”.
(Narrated `Abdullah bin `Amr: Sahih al-Bukhari 5973)
Allah’s Messenger (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said. “It is one of the greatest sins that a man should curse his parents.” It was asked (by the people), “O Allah’s Messenger (صلى الله عليه وسلم)! How does a man curse his parents?” The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said, “‘The man abuses the father of another man, and the latter abuses the father of the former and abuses his mother.”
The Prophet (PBUH) said in an authentic Hadith narrated by Ibn Majah:
من صام ستة أيام بعد الفطر كان تمام السنة، من جاء بالحسنة فله عشر أمثالها.
Whoever fasts six days after finishing the fast of Ramadan will be like fasting the whole year, as the reward of Hasanah (good deed) is multiplied ten times.
Dua For Diseases (May Allah Protect us from Corona virus )
اَللّٰهُمَّ إِنِّیْ أَعُوْذُبِکَ مِنَ الْبَرَصِ، وَالْجُنُوْنِ، وَالْجُذَامِ، وَمِنْ سَیِّءِ الاَسْقَامِ
Services and Activities in the Masjid
Donate for Regular and Masjid funds
"Those who spend (in charity) of their wealth by night and by day, in secret and in public, have their reward with their Lord: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve" [Quran 2:274]
وَأَنفِقُوا مِن مَّا رَزَقْنَاكُم مِّن قَبْلِ أَن يَأْتِيَ أَحَدَكُمُ الْمَوْتُ فَيَقُولَ رَبِّ لَوْلَا أَخَّرْتَنِي إِلَىٰ أَجَلٍ قَرِيبٍ فَأَصَّدَّقَ وَأَكُن مِّنَ الصَّالِحِينَ
Al Quran – Surah al-Munafiqun – Verse 10. And expend of that with which We have provided you before death comes to any of you when he says: “My Lord! If only You would give me respite for a little while, then I should give alms and be amongst the righteous.
Donate for ZAKAT/SADAQA/FITRA
The amount of Zakat Al-Fitr is a minimal of $10 for each family member.
Zakat, or almsgiving, is one of the five third pillar of Islam, along with first pillar the Sahadat (I bear witness that there is no GOD but ALLAH SWT,and Prophet Mohammad is the messenger of Allah) ), prayer, fasting and pilgrimage (Hajj). For every sane, adult Muslim who owns wealth over a certain amount – known as the nisab.
(Quran 2:43 ) وَأَقِيمُوا۟ ٱلصَّلَوٰةَ وَءَاتُوا۟ ٱلزَّكَوٰةَ وَٱرْكَعُوا۟ مَعَ ٱلرَّٰكِعِينَ (البقرة . Establish worship, pay the poor-due, and bow your heads with those who bow (in worship). Quran 2:43
اَلَّذِيۡنَ يُنۡفِقُوۡنَ اَمۡوَالَهُمۡ بِالَّيۡلِ وَالنَّهَارِ سِرًّا وَّعَلَانِيَةً فَلَهُمۡ اَجۡرُهُمۡ عِنۡدَ رَبِّهِمۡۚ وَلَا خَوۡفٌ عَلَيۡهِمۡ وَلَا هُمۡ يَحۡزَنُوۡنَ
(Al Quran – 2:274) Those who spend their wealth by night and by day, secretly and publicly, will find that their reward is secure with their Lord and that there is no reason for them to entertain any fear or grief.
According to the Muslim traditions (hadith), a needy relative has more right over your Fitra, followed by your neighbor and then an educated one and then so on. The reason for this is that Islam places special emphasis on family and community relations. We are asked to hold on to maintain family ties at all costs. Neighbors have rights too and they are considered as next to family.